Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jan 2- Wet Fishing and Bad Fishing


Looks like a terrible weather forecast for tonight. West winds from 25-30 kts and gusts up to 40+ kts. Same thing for Friday. Then Friday night as the wind lets up, the Cold Air moves in.... Forecasts in the 20 degree range. So, therefore, The Big Shark Fishing on the Beach will probably come to an end very soon and I figured today was my Last Chance. For that reason, I rigged up some wire rigs and bought some Menhaden and hit the Beach this morning. In the Rain! Actually it was quite pleasant. The Ocean was beautiful. The tides were too low and my work schedule dictated when I fish, and unfortunately, that was at low water..... And the fishing sucked. I caught a small Bluefish on the 8/0 shark hook and cut menhaden. I caught another Bluefish on a gulp. Those were the only 2 fish that I saw caught all day. I didn't pay real close attention to everyone else so I'm sure that some fish were caught.... But, I'm certain there were No Big Sharks caught around me and there was No consistent Red Drum, Flounder, or Speckled Trout action in my vicinity. I should've stayed in bed! Total Catch for the Day: 2 Bluefish

No comments: