Monday, January 27, 2014

Jan 28 Back to Work, Captain's Notes, and The Winter Storm

This picture is of the Hatteras Inlet Ferry Headquarters on Jan 28, 2011. Our last major snow event.

It's time for me to leave again....

Working the Day Shift means NO FISHING

NO FISHING means NO FUN

More importantly, they say a Blizzard coming!!!!!!! Time will Tell.... A little snow would be fun, but I'd rather be at Home. Day-Um.......

Please be patient my Fishing Fans. Remember, the Hickory Shad are coming and Capt Tuggy and I are going to Whack Em! If you've never been Shad Fishing and if you want to try it, I can work out a great deal..... But here's your warning: IT IS VERY ADDICTIVE. Hopefully there will be some American Shad mixed in and a few Salt Water Adventures as well! Sight casting to Roving Hordes of Giant Red Drum would be nice! Duhhhhhh

Also, don't forget about my friend Jalen. He is having a great winter in the Mountains. His Blog is a www.fishyourfly.blogspot.com   His adventure's are driving me crazy with jealousy! Anyone out near Cullowhee, NC or traveling through that area--PAY ATTENTION--Jalen can fix you up for a reasonable cost if he's availiable (he is a Senior at Western Carolina). He can expertly "guide" you to all the Rainbow Trout you can imagine. If you're lucky, you might even get a Brook Trout and/or a Brown Trout as well..... In a nutshell, Jalen has the much coveted Capt Marty Stamp of Approval!

Finally, I run into people all the time that say "Hey Captain Marty, I read your Blog all the time"....... I want to say "Thank You" to everyone that reads my Blog. I really get a kick out of writing this Blog. It is an extension of my Fishing and my Life. And I am pleased and I am proud that so many people take a few minutes out of their busy day to read about my adventures, my rants, and my little information tid-bits..... Hopefully, all my reader's will survive the Winter and before we know it the Sun's Rays migrate north far enough to bring us our Spring and great Spring-time fishing! Give me something to write about!

Update:

The weather outside is frightening

Conditions headed bad to worse

Hatteras Inlet..... Hallowed Fishing Grounds, where the IGFA ALL-TACKLE WORLD RECORD Bluefish was taken, is about to be hammered by "the Great Blizzard 2014"
9:18 am the first frozen rain pellets and snowflakes fall and so it begins.....

No comments: