Monday, November 10, 2008

Nov 10 Trout Fishing Part 2


Fishing in slowly improving conditions sucks when you don't really have enough time to take advantage of the improving conditions. Understand? Brent and Mark fished in a tough NW wind this morning and in dirty Ocean water and it was a struggle. By afternoon, the wind had layed out and conditions were alot better, but our day was shot. We fished both east and west and covered 50+ miles. We had a couple of good shots at Albacore down off Atlantic Beach and failed to connect. Finally, I personally had a terrible day. I lost my camera after it fell out of my electronics box, then bounced off my head, and fell in the Ocean. Great. No Pictures of Fish! Then to make matters worse, as I was cleaning up my Boat, I discovered a Rod and Reel was missing. I don't have a clue, but I'm sure it's laying out there somewhere in the Ocean between Cape Lookout and Salter Path. When it was over Our Total Catch was: 5 Speckled Trout up to 3 lb.s, 5 Gray Trout up to 1 lb. 8 oz., 1 Red Drum, 1 Black Sea Bass, 5 Bluefish, 1 Oyster Toadfish, and 2 Menhaden. FYI, the picture is of a Mummichog, which is a minnow. This represents a "not so great" day of fishing. I would've loved to post a picture of Mark with 2 of his large Speckled Trout but I am camera-less.

No comments: