Friday, November 7, 2008

Nov 7 Gray Trout and Speckled Trout




Fishing must be pretty good when I'm completely disappointed to be catching a 16" to 18" Trout on every cast. That's the way it was this morning at Cape Lookout. Two problems, they were all Gray Trout and I had my limit in 10 minutes, and I thought today was going to be "my Citation Speckled Trout Day". I was loaded with a full array of baits for grown Speckled Trout, and the Gray Trout devoured everything I had. In 2 hours of fishing, I caught 35 Gray Trout that were all between 1 lb. 8 oz. to 2 pounds. Session number 2 was a treat. I fished a small, very well known spot very close to Beaufort Inlet and caught 15 Speckled Trout very quickly. The best thing was that I had 2 that weighed 3 pounds and 4 others that weighed over 2 pounds. I lost 2 really nice Speckled Trout also. In this same spot I caught 5 Bluefish, including a suprizing 4 pounder. I'm dying to fish again before midnight, but I probably will not. As it stands now, My Total Catch for the Day: 35 Gray Trout up to 2 lb.s, 15 Speckled Trout up to 3 lb.s, and 5 Bluefish up to 4 pounds.

No comments: