Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nov 5 Speckled Trout


Tried it again this morning on the rising tide and the fishing was much slower. I still caught 20 Speckled Trout from 10" to 14", but it was nothing like yesterday. The highlight of the morning was when I caught a Sheepshead on a mirrorlure. This afternoon things were much better. I figured the Trout were biting better because they were over the "shock of the election". The fishing went from a steady bite to every cast as the tide fell. Nearly all these Speckled Trout were in the 11" to 13" range. I did see one caught that was 18" long. When I quit fishing at 4:40pm, it was a wide open bite. For the afternoon, I guess I caught 50 Speckled Trout in 2 hours. I kept 10 Trout this afternoon to give away. My Total catch for the Day: 70* Speckled Trout, 15 Bluefish, and 1 Sheepshead.

No comments: