Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nov 6 The Unofficial World Record Lizardfish and 60 Speckled Trout


The size of the Speckled Trout biting was much better for the first half of today. My first 2 casts this morning caught Speckled Trout that weighed 3 lb.s and 2 lb. 12 oz. Then the boats came with their noisy outboards and poorly placed anchors. Ouch. It killed the fishing. Twenty minutes later, I caught 2 more 2 pounders. That was it for the nice Trout and there was a slow pick on the smaller Trout after that. The morning total was 10 Speckled Trout and 4 Bluefish. This afternoon it was the same ole story. From 3:30 until 5:15 it was nearly every cast. The numbers were amazing. The thing that made today amazing was the number of people standing shoulder to shoulder, and everyone was catching Speckled Trout. The most noteworthy thing I saw today and nobody will care, was the Inshore Lizardfish that I released. The 2008 IGFA Yearbook shows the All-Tackle World Record stands at 2 lb. 8oz. I released one today that swallowed a 13" Speckled Trout. This Lizardfish was over 30" and weighed over 4 pounds. Other than the massive Lizardfish, this afternoon I caught 50 Speckled Trout and 2 Bluefish. My Total Catch for the Day: 60 Speckled Trout up to 3 pounds, 6 Bluefish, and the Unofficial World Record Inshore Lizardfish! That's 200 Speckled Trout that I've caught in the last 3 days.

No comments: