Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dec 2 Driving Home in the Sleet




Here we go again. I'm home for 7 days and while driving from Cedar Island to Beaufort there was frozen precip falling. I'm not really complaining this time, because Striped Bass are biting good at Oregon Inlet and they've been caught as far South as Ocracoke Inlet. That's just a few tail beats away from the Shoals at Cape Lookout. Hopefully they will take their winter vacation a little farther South this winter. Closer to home, the Speckled trout and Gray Trout should be biting while the Bluefin Tuna are battling extinction. I've got no fishing news to report from my stay on the Ocracoke to Swan Quarter Ferry Route. Lots of Buffleheads on Pamlico Sound and Rose Bay Oysters have rebounded in numbers and tastiness. I'm ready to go fishing. Open Dec 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. These pictures are of Silver Lake at Ocracoke Island. This should be everybody's favorite NC Island!

No comments: