Tuesday, December 2, 2008

No Fishing and Old Pictures




The number of Fishing Reports will be decreasing in the weeks to come, so I will be putting up some old pictures of me and my old pals from the late 80's and early 90's. These 2 pictures are from April of 1989. Around 12 people were on the Capt Stacy that day and Capt Maurice put us on the 881 Wreck first thing in the morning. Four hours later , all 3 fish boxes were full of mostly 2-4 pound Vermillion Snappers, or Beeliners as most people know them. There were no limits back then. Every drop was a doubleheader. I took home 51 fish over 140 pounds. I had a couple of 5 pounders! Straight Vermillion Snappers, 10 cranks off the bottom. Some other people caught alot of Tomtates and Sea Bass because they couldn't get the hang of the 10 crank rule. Also, hesitate on the bottom and you might hook a Sand Tiger. I also caught 3 Albacores on a light-line and we saw dozenss of Basking Sharks on the ride home. It was a great day!

No comments: