Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dec 7 My Slump Ends---Red Drum Frenzy











Capt Kyle Brown helped me out of a personal fishing slump by putting me in a Downeast creek that was about 40 feet wide and 3 feet deep that just happened to be full of hungry Red Drum. In other words, I couldn't mess this up! I would name the creek, but Kyle's brother Charlie would kill me! In 60 minutes of actual fishing time, Kyle and I caught over 30 Red Drum from 14" to 18". These Drum weren't big, but they were fiesty and on a day that the wind was 20-25 and air temps in the upper 40's, this was the perfect fishing trip. I caught all my Red Drum on gulps and grubs and 6# test mono. Nice little battles and drag pullers. Later we explored another dead-end creek that was full of more Red Drum and Jumping Mullets and there were Tundra Swans flying overhead. Kyle fishes these areas with a jet-drive on a skimmer. I don't think it's possible to get the Top Water in there; too bad!! Total Catch for the Day: 30+ Red Drum

No comments: