Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hatteras Halloween Cast Netting


I never put a hook in the water, so this aint much of a Fishing Report. I was only up there for 4 days, but I did miss a golden opportunity on Thursday Night. When I drove by the Avon Pier around 11pm, I had no idea that Capt Pat Bracher (http://www.fishovertime.com/) and Capt Arch Bracher (http://www.fishthepelican.com/) were on the end of the pier releasing over 40 Giant Red Drum. I don't give high praise out for fishermen very often, but without a doubt in my mind, these 2 brothers are among the Best in the World at what they do. Anybody who disputes this comment is an IDIOT. As for me, all I did was make 2 throws with a 10 ft Cast Net. I throw caught a single 3 lb Jumping Mullet. My other throw caught 13 Jumping Mullets, including 3 Grown Ones that weighed 5 lb.s each By the way, the picture is of a Permit that found it's way into Frank's Cast Net.

1 comment:

Ferdinand said...

You better get out there and wallop those Albacore. I hear there are some 20 pounders out there! Go get them Marty.