Friday, November 20, 2009

Nov 20 Good Speckled Trout Fishing
















Finally Trout fishing! Clifford, Heber and I left the dock at 4am this morning to get the jump on the Speckled Seeking Hordes that we knew were going to go fishing today regardless of the weather. Our first stop was a "secret spot" that apparently aint so secret anymore. We had blacked-out boats approach us in the dark and dark, shadowy figures crawling around on the shoreline. It was pretty funny, but the fishing sucked. I released 3 small Speckled Trout and that was it, so we joined the race to the East. To the Rock Jetty! Here I got lucky. I dropped my anchor in a spot that produced 7 Gray Trout in a matter of minutes. The biggest Gray Trout was 3 lb 8 oz. The others were all 1-2 pounders. Nobody else was doing much so everybody came "our way". About that time, the wind shifted from N to NW and picked up and suddenly we weren't in the right spot anymore. Neither were all the boats that had surrounded us. We already our fish dinner covered so the pressure was off. We made the decision to jump the Rocks and go way inshore to chill out for a while. As soon as we got anchored up Clifford's bobber went down. Good sign. Ninety minutes later, we had 17 Speckled Trout from 15" to 2+ pounds on ice, a few 12" to 15"releases, and a smattering of Bluefish, Pinfish, and Sheepshead. I also got a 6 lb Black Drum that really showed his stuff on a 6# Trout Rod. With a nice box of meat we headed in early and stopped long enough for Clifford to catch an Albacore on a 8# Trout Rod. Total Catch for the Day: 25 Speckled Trout, 7 Gray Trout, 1 Albacore, 10 Bluefish, 5 Pinfish, 1 Sheepshead and 1 Black Drum

7 comments:

Cliff G said...

Indeed a day for record books!
I would like to get a copy of all those pics. hdguthrie@gmail.com

You will probably need to send them 2 at a time because of size.

Cool deal BA!!

Mike said...

Nice catch. Leisure Time Fishing wasn't out there were they?

Capt. Marty said...

Clifford I got some email issues. My Norton Anti-Virus will not let me send or receive email. Can you click on my blog and save to your computer? Let me know, I may have to put them on a disk. I just ate the 6# Black Drum. I'm busted. I ate a 6 pound fish! It was delicious. One of the best Fish I've ever cooked. Even Meredith ate some.....And liked it! We got to figure out a way to Hammer them. THEY ARE THE NEXT BIG THING! Black Drum!!!!!!!!

Mike said...

Get rid of the Norton. Road Runner gives you CA free.

Capt. Marty said...

Just cut Norton off?

Mike said...

You need to download CA first. Call me, I'll walk you thru it.

Cliff G said...

Black Drum BA their Big, Black, and Nasty... I will have to try one next time get bag one... Seeing is believing I guess. Don't worry over those pics to much.. I get them sometime from ya...