Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nov 22 Fair Speckled Trout Fishing







Two things were easy today. First, the 2+ lb Speckled Trouts, on 4 straight casts that I caught before another Boat dropped it's anchor right on top of them. Thanks alot. Second thing was, the first Albacore I caught after I decided to chase Albacores. Everything else was a struggle. Trying to catch a 10-fish limit of Speckled Trout proved to be impossible for me. After my 4 quick ones, I had to cross the Jetty and fish back into the wind. That is difficult fishing with a live Shrimp on a Bobber. I scratched out 5 more Speckled Trout before my bait gave out. My Speckled Trout ranged from 15" to 20" and 7 weighed over 2 pounds. The guys that showed up late with fresh live Shrimp were doing okay this afternoon. I couldn't get that last Trout, but that was okay. So I decided to go Albacore Fishing. One cast got me one Albacore. It was a pretty big battle on the 6# trout rod. I should've quit. The second Albacore probably took 30 casts and 5 gallons of fuel. Know when to quit....Total Catch for the Day: 9 Speckled Trout, 2 Albacore, 2 Summer Flounder, 1 Sheepshead, 4 Northern Puffer, 1 Hogfish, 6 Pinfish and 5 Clearnosed Skate

No comments: