Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nov 18 More Great Albacore Fishing











This morning, at my first stop looking for Speckled Trout, I caught 15 Bluefish. On my way to my second stop, I saw an few Albacore bust on the surface. That was it for the Speckled Trout Fishing. For starters, I chased wide-ranging schools of fast moving Albacore. A little later, they settled down on Bait Balls and it was "every cast" fishing. Then it got even better. How can it be any better than "every cast"? I guess it can't, but here's the deal. I found an area where there was nothing showing on the surface, the bottom was covered with bait, and the colorscope showed large marks at 30 feet. Anything I dropped it the water and let sink got hammered by an Albacore. Sting-silvers, gulps, green grubs, white grubs, red grubs, black grups, halo shrimp and a speck rig. The speck rig actually caught me double header of 8 pound Albacores. I figured those 2 needed to be removed from the gene pool for being stupid and I might need some Tilefish bait anyway. This melee went on for hours. It was the best Albacore Fishing that I've seen since 1995 when I was hooking them on sting-silvers off the rodtip. Wiggle-wiggle. I also caught a few by simply sticking the landing net into the water beside the boat and wait for the thud. Anyway, this afternoon I'd drop 3 lines in the water and hook 3 Albacores. I love chaos. Anybody who wants to go Albacore Fishing, I'd say regardless of the weather, it aint going to get any better. IT CAN NOT GET ANY BETTER. Total Catch for the Day: 30 Albacore and 15 Bluefish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'm headed out Albacore Fishing this weekend which way should I go?

Capt. Marty said...

South. Don't stop until you get to the Bahamas. Once there, forget the Albacore. Grab a drink with an umbrella, a snorkle and mask, and a hot babe.