Friday, July 13, 2012

July 12 Good Bluefish Bite


Ryan, Matthew, and I went out on an afternoon scouting trip to the Cape Lookout Shoals. We messed around with a few bait balls while treking to the East. I swear I saw a Tarpon in one of the Schools of Menhaden... No bite though.... Lots of Blacktip Sharks around.... On the Shoals, we found the Bluefish and captured 15 of them from 1-3 lbs. Not a great day but it was nice to get back out. The weather is great and I'm hoping for a couple of slammer trips this weekend! Total Catch for the Day: 15 Bluefish up to 3 lbs 

3 comments:

Mike said...

I heard the bluefish were delicious.

Capt. Marty said...

The under appreciated but delectable scourge of the high seas. One of the top 10 gamefish on the East Coast IMO

Anonymous said...

I SECOND THAT
HARD TO BEAT FRESH BLUEFISH DONT CARE WANT ANYBODY SAYS
PLUS A BALL TO CATCH TANDEM STYLE WITH SPECK RIG