Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25-30 Taylor's Creek Dock Fishing



Once again, I'll just keep a running tally. I will be fishing here quite often this week. Jennifer is out of town, my boat is getting a workout on Charters, and fishing at the Dock is great. So why not.

Wednesday (7-25) in 10 minutes, fishing with a white gulp, I caught 2 Red Drum and a Southern Flounder. One of the Red Drum was too small while the other Red Drum was too large at 30". He was a "stud" for the dock on 10# mono..... My Southern Flounder was a killer at 19" and well over 2 lbs. I did not go get my camera... My Flounder is on ice and I'd imagine that I'll get many more photo ops moving forward.... More on 7-25 in the Ladyfish Blitz Post!

On Thursday (7-26) fishing with live Finger Mullet was great. I tried it once in the afternoon and once in the evening, all together I probably fished for 60 minutes. I caught a Black Sea Bass and a Inshore Lizardfish. All the other bites were Red Drum or Flounder. I had 7 Flounders. Two were to small and the other 5 were 2lb+ keepers. I caught 6 Red Drum that were little guys. Seems like a wonderful crop of little 7" to 10" Red Drum around this summer. Great Fishing! Those Flounder fillets on Friday Night made for great eating. Dammit, I'll be glad when my Girlfriend would comes home!


Marcus R "The Rouser" Rouse joined me this afternoon (7-28) for a 30 minute Dock Expedition. Fishing was red hot, but burned out quickly as we "caught em up". I got a 16" Southern Flounder and 5 Red Drum, four of the little pups and a 3lb 8oz keeper. Marcus got a Red Drum and flirted with a bruiser that escaped. We each got a garbage fish or two also. AND, it's time to be happy because JENNIFER IS HOME....

Today (7-29) was a Flounder day on the Dock. After I came in from my trip, I fished for 20 minutes and caught 3 Southern Flounders from 15" to 18". Nice.

Total Catch for the Period: 14 Red Drum up to 10 lbs, 12 Southern Flounder at 2 lb 12 oz, 2 Black Sea Bass, 5 Inshore Lizardfish, 1 Hogfish and 2 Pinfish up to 14oz

5 comments:

Capt. Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

ROUZER!

Capt. Marty said...

Tube Schnauzer

Anonymous said...

Нello Theге. Ι found уouг
blog usіng msn. This is a reallу well ωritten artiсle.
I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly comеbacκ.



Feel free to ѕuгf to my homepаge: personal loans
My web page: personal loans

Anonymous said...

buy ativan novo-lorazem 1mg lorazepam - ativan lethal dose