Friday, July 13, 2012

July 13 Dock Fishing




I was out cleaning Bluefish this morning, and I saw a Red Drum swim by. I went down to my boat and got a spinning rod with a white gulp. In 10 minutes of effort, I caught 3 Southern Flounder from 15" to 18" and 3 Inshore Lizardfish.... I went back and fished around high tide and the last hour of moving water was superb.... I caught 8 Flounders up to 18", I caught 4 small Red Drum. I saw 2 Red Drum pushing 10 lbs, but both times I had a Flounder eat mt]y bait before the Drum could grab it... I saw Black Drum, Sheepsheads, huge Stingrays, Puffers, and hundreds of Pinfish in the crystal clear water. It really was a good session of fishing.. Everything today has been caught on a white jighead and a white gulp. I'm not finished there for the day so I'll keep a running tally on my total catch.........  Total Catch for the Day: 11 Southern Flounder up to 18", 4 Red Drum, and 5 Inshore Lizardfish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear. I'm glad to hear some drum are filtering back into the creek. I love fishin the docks late evening and into the night. Good job capt