Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 4-9 Ferry Dock & Beach Fishing


I have the Night Run at Cape Hatteras and the water is full of fish and all my distractions are a thing of the past! My problem is there is an awful tide cycle working against me late at night... This report will be a running tally of my total catch for the Night Time Ferry Dock fishing and any Beach Fishing that I might happen to do..... Other than that, My Life is absolutely Great Right Now...... So Wed Night, bait was scarce. I caught 5 servicable live baits. On those 5, I caught 2 keeper Flounders and a chunky little Black Sea Bass.... Thurs night was even worse with 1 keeper Flounder and a nice Black Sea Bass... The highlight was the Sea Horse that I caught in the cast net....Fishing kind of went out the window as I had a special guest visit.... Capt Marty is a happy camper... The last couple nights the fishing picked up with much less effort. Nothing to brag about, I did collect a few more Southern Flounders and Black Sea Bass.... Total Catch for the Week: 8 Southern Flounder up to 16", 5 Black Sea Bass, 8 Pinfish and 3 Oyster Toadfish

6 comments:

Tom Chesebro said...

Capt Marty...Glad to hear your back is feeling better finally. Hang in there.
We will be coming down for our annual fall vacation to Emerald Isle Oct 7-14, do you by chance know your work schedule that far out yet? We want to book a charter sometime that week.
Let me know at cheesie61@yahoo.com
Thank you.
Tom Chesebro

Capt. Marty said...

Tom,

The way it looks right now, I will be off on Oct 7 and 8. I start my shift at Cape Hatteras on Oct 9th. So hopefully, we can get in a day of fishing on Monday October 8th. There could be some changes, but I know that I'll definitely be availiable the 7th and 8th.
Look forward to fishing with you guys again.

Marty

Capt. Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Come on Cappy. Too quiet on here. Where is all the excitement you are usually in the middle of. The straw that stirs the drink. Purple Drank. Come on man. What gives. The most interesting man on Hatteras? You surrender?

Tom Chesebro said...

Marty
Sounds good, pencil us in for Oct 8th and we'll go from there if you happen to be available for more of the week.
Thanks
Tom

Capt. Marty said...

Gotcha Tom. Oct 8. Looking forward to a big fish kill..... anon, yes I give up my throne at Hatteras. I was the Magnolia Tree and they were the fireflies. But all good things (terrible things too) must come to an end. I'm doing SO much better now. Never Been Happier. Fishing is great. I'm betting that it just gets better and better. Can't wait to get out there.