Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 15- Poor Fishing and/or East Winds


Blame it on something.... Right now, Capt Marty is sucking bad. Did I use up all my GOOD LUCK on Tuesday the 13th? Is it the Full Moon? Was it all Tuggwell's vision and casting? Obviously the Cobia aren't biting as well as they were, but I am getting outfished by some of my pupils. Bad. Today even though the wind direction is "traditionally poor", I always thought I could overcome stuff like that.... Similar to a banana on a boat, the east wind creates a "built-in excuse" and gives everyone a "failure complex"..... Not me, I know thats just BS..... But, there is no arguing the numbers.... Today, in crystal clear water and bright sunshine, I only saw probably 8 Cobia. One of them ate my bucktail and I messed that up. Meanwhile, my Boyzzzzz, while not "Killin it" are catching Cobia. Today, we should've fished bait early and we sightcasted...... Then when we baitfished, the tide was low/falling/dead low...... We wasted the good tide looking to cast. I missed a 50 lb Cobia to set the tone and every decision after that was wrong. My anglers were troopers. Sang threw my cast net as good or better than I could've. He caught 6 dozen baits on a day when alot of hardcore fishermen bought bait.... In the end, it didn't matter. We caught Dog Sharks and a Spiny Butterfly Ray. The crew kept the Ray and cut some beautiful pugs of meat off his wings. The made the best of...... Capt Marty is in a slump and I've lost confidence. I apologize to my clients and hope I haven't discouraged my readers and prospective clients...... The HOT BOAT one day can cool off in a hurry.... And vice versa. I'm taking a much much needed break tomorrow and I hope to return to my old self on Saturday..... Total Catch for the Day: 3 Smooth Dog Sharks up to 24 lbs and a 90 lb Spint Butterfly Ray

No comments: