Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bobby G in the House and WHY ME?

As I sit up here in Hatteras, the Cobia War rages on........ Yesterday, my Brother-in-Law, Bryan was TOP HOOK with this massive 80 lb Cobia. Bryan is a well known TV Personality and host of Down East Outdoors. Bryan isn't a "hardcore Cobia addict" like many of us and you are more likely to find him in the Marsh playing with Puppy Drum, Flounder, and Speckled Trout....... But, as the saying goes, "Every Dog has his Day"...... Yesterday, in windy conditions, he flat out made it happen. Congratulations Bro!

Bryan can be found at: www.nativeguide.net

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

capt. Marty,
Not trying to steal any holes or spots or anything but after this week's weather and last weeks cold front and storms would you expect the cobia sight casting/bottom fishing to be strong this weekend around the cape and shackelford?

Capt. Marty said...

I would expect Cobia to be very good for the bottom and bait fishermen. The Sightcasters....... No way to predict that! I think everyone fishing with bait to get their chance. Especially at Cape Lookout and Rough Point. Behind Shackleford Banks will produce a few as well. In awful weather, Shep's Stake and the Marine Fisheries Dock are other options. All have produced in the past and will in the future too.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tips! Hopefully I can get up to the cape and into some cobia but if not, I heard drum have been biting in the marshes/creeks and sheepshead are starting to be caught. I assume you're fishing this weekend so good luck fishing and be safe!

Capt. Marty said...

No fishing for me this weekend!

Tom Chesebro said...

C'mon Capt Marty...let's go walleye'n in Ohio !!! I got to show you how that game is played !!! I've got to pay you back for all the good fishn' you have put me on over the last few years... They're not much on the fightn' scale, but off the charts on the eatn' scale !!!
Let's go man !!!!
Tom

Capt. Marty said...

Tom,

I am working on it soooo hard. Got clearance from my wife. Just neeed to check my Dad's shaedule (he has a series of steroid injections lined up)

Plan to call you tonight

Marty