Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 19- Return to Stupid




 ***Weight Updated***
Yesterday morning...... Well, its a long story. I had a trip, but not a real trip. I was exhausted. Sunday night, I laid down at 5pm and never rolled over to 630am. My anglers never called the night before and I knew Small Craft Advisories and NE wind was forecasted. I also had lots of grass to cut, bags to pack, personal business to attend to, and needed to rest my aching body and burnt lip...... Anyway, we canceled the trip as I laid in bed and my anglers sat at the boat ramp looking for me.... It was a mutual decision.... Well, I got up cut grass, handled my business, and visited my parents..... As morning turned to afternoon, the wind slacked up and the sun was shining bright. I couldn't take it...... My mind struggled with the decision. But my "stupid fishing brain center" won out and I launched the Top Water Boat...... I immediately ran to the east and up on a skinny shoal I found a Shark and a Cobia cruising together. I made a cast and for the first time ever, except around baitballs, the Shark charged ahead of the Cobia and ate the damn bucktail. Damn. After a pop off by the boat, I renewed my search. East of Shark Island I saw 6 Cobias and got one to bite. It wasn't a big one and I quickly dispatched him. After a 30 minute drought, I started to feel like I made a mistake by coming out. My lip was pounding, even under the duct tape..... (Those that know----KNOW).... So I headed home. As I slipped off the westside of the Shoals a brown shape caught my eye. Pushing up against whitewater was 2 fat ass Cobia. I made a fair cast and the largest one pounced! Damn, finally. A long battle and chase ensued. I actually gaffed this one 3/4 of a mile form the hook-up spot. I actually had my camera on the boat too so I was able to do a self-portrait. No doubt, this is my largest Cobia of the Year. Not as big as Tuggwell's duo, but not a bad one..... I will try to get an actual weight later this morning. Lots to do today. Gotta head to Hatteras. My apology to my anglers this morning. I messed this up again, we should've gone fishing. Oh well, I can still ruin someone's day even on a Citation Cobia Day..... Total Catch for the Day: 2 Cobia up to 71 lbs and a 45 lb Blacktip Shark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SonofaBitch ran over my turtle. I'm going to kick your ass

Capt. Marty said...

Bite it, you fagball

Capt. Marty said...

That turtle was clearly mine..... Really I never saw a boat or a turtle... Go beat your wife or puppy, you loser