Monday, February 25, 2013

Feb 25 Awesome Largemouth Bass Fishing







After an attempted Hickory Shad trip and a wasted drive to Aurora, Chris and I cremated the Largemouth Bass in Pollocksville...... This trip  started at 6am and I didn't hook the first Largemouth Bass until after 2pm...... Once we got in the right place, the Fishing was fast and furious.... Without a doubt the BEST LARGEMOUTH BASS FISHING I have experienced in 25 years. The Bass were so aggressive, I saw them doing some things that I've never seen before.... Since we were originally Shad fishing, we only had ultralight spinning tackle, 6# and 8# test mono. After we moved to the Ponds in Pollocksville and due to the extremely light tackle, we were actually fishing for Bream with worms on bobbers. As I hooked and fought my first Bass, other Bass actually attacked my red bobber 3 times during the fight. This was repeated time and time again in the first 10 minutes of fishing. It was really hard to figure out what the hell was going on at first!  It was incredible to watch 3-6 lb Bass slash at the bobber while fighting another 3-6 lb Bass on the leader 3 feet behind the action. I'd never even heard of that happening period. And it happened to us at least 5 different times. Wow......When the action died out,  I had caught 21 Largemouth Bass with a dozen between 3-6 pounds. Chris caught 15 Bass up to 6lbs. We also caught some monster Golden Shiners. Weird. Total Catch for the Day: 36 Largemouth Bass up to 6lbs and 6 Golden Shiners

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Minnow