Saturday, February 9, 2013

Feb 9 and 10 Keep the Streak Alive (Barely)

Jeezzz, its only Day 4 and I was out in the wild, struggling to keep my streak alive. It really isn't even a streak at this point.....  But it was a nice sunny day and catching a fish should've been easy.... Jennifer was along for fun and that turned into pressure. She had other things that she needed to do.... But I had said, "Come on baby, this will only take a minute"....... WRONG...... ONE HUNDRED and TWENTY MINUTES later, I had a Bluegill in hand.... Thinking ahead. Sunday and Monday should be okay..... Tuesday and the next 7 days my only chance will come at Ocracoke. At night. Nearly impossible..... Fishing in Silver Lake at night in February. I will not need a MIRACLE, no, I will need SEVEN MIRACLES......  Then comes Sunday February 10.... Honestly it was the weirdest 24 hours of my life. Somewhere in there I did catch a fat little Pumpkinseed. They have been "Missing in Action" in all my early season Grand Slam Quests.... But when I needed a fish today to keep "The Streak" alive, a Pumpkinseed saved the day! Five in a Row!!   Total Catch for the 2 Days: 1 Bluegill and 1 Pumpkinseed

2 comments:

Bobo Wabo said...

You look like a bluegill congrats on the engagement...misery loves company. Make it work. Love, Bob

Capt. Marty said...

Bob, I've called you a 1000 times..... Call me. Speckled Trout. Damn you!