Thursday, February 28, 2013

Feb 26-28. Late Night Scrapping




This Fishing Report is a work in progress. Here goes, so far....  At this point, two things are certain: #1 Slow Fishing......  #2 Cold Fishing...... I guess those two things are to be considered normal for any IDIOT fishing in that 12am until 4am window of opportunity in late February at this Latitude! (I'm sure the report would be more exciting if I was fishing in Key West or Miami)   Regardless, on Feb 26th, I caught 2 Oyster Toadfish including a egg-laden 2 pounder.... On Feb 27th, I got hammered by a 6 lb Conger Eel that I wrestled out of a tight spot. Pretty much ripped him through a 7 foot chute of rock and steel. Wow that sounds dramatic! If only I was bragging about an 8 lb Tautog! Anyhow, about 2 hours later, Charlie Roughton and I each caught a juvie Oyster Toad.... Hard to get excited about this fishing right now!!!! Update: At 321 am on the 28th, I just reeled in another Conger Eel and a Black Sea Bass. Seeing that Black Ass Sea Bass was like running into an "old friend".....Total Catch for the Period: 4 Oyster Toadfish up to 2 lbs, 1 Black Sea Bass and 2 Conger Eels up to 6 lbs

No comments: