Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15 Tax Day, Coming Home, Memories, and Getting My Boat Back

Tomorrow I will be back home in Beaufort. By Wednesday, I will have my Boat back and will start cleaning it up and getting her ready to fish. By Friday the 19th, she will be ready to go unless something horrific happens. I expect fishing to be good if the weather's good. Pretty days mean Ocean days.  I expect Albacore and Bluefish to be steady with Bonito and Gray Trout possible. Dogsharks and Cownose Rays will be there for desperate measures.... In bad weather, we should have Sea Mullet, Blowtoads, Dogsharks, Skates, and Cownose Rays..... Call me at 252-241-8350. Pat G. definitely call me... Looking back, I will never forget April 15, 1993. Gerald Currin and I spent a long day offshore. No fish, anywhere. 25 miles of trolling 50 miles offshore. Late in the day we found a floating pallet. Talk about "saving a day". There were Dolphin under that pallet. An hour later, we were headed to Morehead City with 40 Dolphin. 25 of them were from 18 to 35 pounds. Well over 400 pounds of fish, not to mention the first Dolphin of the year out of Beaufort Inlet and a Citation for one of Gerald's friends. Nice Memory.

No comments: