Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8 200 Miles of Searching and 0 Bites

Jennifer and I spent last night camping at Cliffs of the Neuse State Park near Goldsboro. Of course, I fished. I cast for Shad in the Neuse River. In addition to a great night of camping, poor Jennifer also got dragged around on one of my famous "Eastern NC Shad Tours". I fished the Swift Creek near New Bern. I fished the Neuse River west of New Bern. I fished the Tar River in Tarboro and Rocky Mt. I explained to Jennifer that Tarboro is home to a Heisman Trophy Winner and NFL MVP. Just hasn't happened yet. Todd Gurley is coming, like a Giant White Shad, or in this case, a one-of-a-kind Black Shad. Bad to the Bone.... Anyway, I casted for Shad in Contentnea Creek at Wilson. Then I finished my tour back in the Neuse at Goldsboro, Seven Springs, and Kinston! By the way, NO BITES at any location. I did find a "fish of a lifetime" in Kinston. Details later when I figure this out! I did catch my "Woman of a Lifetime" when I hooked Jennifer back on June 30th. Anyone that doesn't remember, we dated 13 years ago and I was deeply in love with her. I actually was on a blind date with her many moons ago and I was "dazed and confused and not paying attention"..... We were throwing darts. Jennifer hit a bullseye and jumped into my arms. She knocked me back into reality. We looked into each others eyes, and I suddenly fell in love with her.... Very strange and unbelievable. Impossible? Well, here I am and that will soon be 17 years ago. I'm still deeply, madly in love with Jennifer. Crazy. Back on our topic.... Fishing sucked. Thursdays torrential rainfall had all the Rivers and Creeks too high, too fast, and too dirty. Total Catch for the Trip: Nothing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best camping trip ever! You made not have caught a fish but you made the perfect pot of coffee!