Thursday, April 25, 2013

April 25 and 26 Hatteras Island Surf Fishing



This morning (25th) was a nice one to go surf fishing. Light winds. Fairly warm. Overcast. Incoming Tide. I made the trip up to Buxton and fished under the watchful eye of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse..... Fishing was so-so. A few Blowtoads. Then I hit a flurry. Twice I caught 2 Blowtoads at the same time. It was starting to look real good.... Then the wind shifted from SW to NE and picked up to 18kts. The temperature dropped 7 degrees. And it started sprinkling rain. I packed up my stuff and hauled butt. Here it is, 10:30am and I'm out of the shower and headed to bed. Mission Accomplished. The following day (26th) was even prettier. Unfortunately, I felt horrible this morning. Very stiff in the back, the knees, the shoulders.... Sounds like an old man. So, I stayed in bed until late and I missed the incoming tide. Later in the day I drove out on the Beach and it was beautiful! The fishing sucked though.... I tried it for a few minutes and caught a Clearnosed Ray. Fishing with a homemade bottom rig with 3 droppers (sweet) except the Skate managed to tangle it into an unidentifiable mess. So I quit.....Total Catch for the 2 Days: 15 Northern Puffer and 1 Clearnosed Skate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice catch. Good to eat

Capt. Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.