Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 17 Red Hot Bluefish

We got a very late start this morning. One crew member still hasn't got out of bed! So Jeremy and I wenr up to the Cape Lookout Shoals and we didn't find anything. The water was real dirty and the current was ripping. The current had the water really riled up in the "fishy" areas...... This washing machine really worked me over upstairs in the Cage. This morning I am as sore as I've been a quite a while. Its got me wondering about this whole Tower and Sightcasting nonsense. However, I remember feeling this way EVERYTIME we didn't see anything! All it would've took was one big drum and I would've been singing a different tune. So we struck out and headed back towards Barden's Inlet. We hadn't seen anything, anywhere. Then in an odd spot, I saw a fish dart by. Then a splash. A quick cast with a stingsilver and a quick hook-up. As I reeled in a 2lb Bluefish, he was followed by 35 of his buddies. After that Jeremy and I caught them on every cast until we had enough. Actually until Jeremy got the pad of his index finger chomped off. What a bloody mess that was. Blood, Sweat, and Tears.... Minus the Sweat. Total Catch for the Day: 40 Bluefish 1-2 lbs each

5 comments:

Mike said...

Your boat run OK?

Capt. Marty said...

The Boat seems to be OK. Some new vibration at a certain range of rpms's... Other than that, she's good to go!

Capt. Marty said...

Mike,

Admiral Currin read about himself and has been chiming in.....

Mike said...

Is the Admiral ready to go fishing?

Capt. Marty said...

I was crossing Hatteras Inlet today and Jeremy's finger floated by...... #bluefishbait