Friday, May 10, 2013

May 10 Speckled Trout Limit


A Bag Limit of Speckled Trout sounds good. As good as the law allows. In reality, I fished with/against 25 other anglers on the Little Causeway Bridge in Nags Head and the fishing had been pretty damn good the past three weeks. The problem today was that the bite occurred from 430am to 530am and I didn't arrove until 830am. Bite over. So it was a challenge. I actually left for lunch empty handed! After lunch I returned. I made a couple of new friends and started fishing. An hour later, out of 25 fishermen, I had seen 9 Speckled Trout. I had 4 of them which is my NC bag limit. My buddy to my left had 3. The other 23 dudes had 2 Speckled Trout collectively. Hey, the sun don't shine on the same Dog's ass everyday. This afternoon was "my turn" to shine.... I sparkle, I shine.... Back at Hatteras, my pal Frank's son Ian hooked us up with some "fresh Speckled Trout" Sushi roll. 48" of it to be exact. That's a freaking meal..... Total Catch for the Day: 4 Speckled Trout from 14" to 18"

No comments: