Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16 The Worst Case Scenario of Cobia Fishing

Joey Bell is scheduled for 3 important days of fishing starting tomorrow. So today I figured I'd grab a friend and go "scouting"..... So I called USMC Special Lt Bob Becker in charge of Marine Fisheries Eradication.  This one guy once gave up his birthday fish to a young lady who promptly caught an 84lb Cobia.... My mind wonders........ Anyway today, the weatherman said high of 89, sunny, and SW winds falling out all day.... So, at 6am, it was cloudy, temp around 66, and blowing 30 SW.... At 4pm (ON THE WATER) it was 72 degrees, overcast, and SW wind at 28kts. Thanks alot. Yesterdays few Cobias were......caught. Yesterday's numerous Menhaden schools were......disappeared. So Bob and I rode 60 miles, we saw nothing, we cast to nothing, and we caught...... 1 Black Sea Bass. By Bob, Happy Birthday a week late this year Bob. Horrendous day on the water. I'm just about ready to move to the Mountains.... Total Catch for the Day: 1 small Black Sea Bass

2 comments:

Chris said...

You have my genuine sympathy. I expect you'll slay em tomorrow. Thanks for the honest report.

JD Dallas said...

Didn't see any at the Cape last weekend. Going out tomorrow, hope u find them today ! JD