Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31 Part 2 - Cobias & Sharks



As expected, after three days where I rode nearly 250 miles. Burned nearly 500 dollars worth of gas.  Hurt the feelings of 12 fishermen by not getting them a "legal" sized Cobia....... At 4pm I left the Dock with Jennifer onboard. She really didn't want to go fishing. She really didnt want to go in the Ocean. But I dragged her out there anyway. Once out in the Bouy Chain, I climbed the Tower. Less than 5 minutes later, the first bucktail was in the air. Immediate hook-up. Up pops a headshaking Cobia. She held the rod while I climbed down. Minute later our 40" Cobia was flopping around in the bottom of the boat. Within 30 minutes, I had released a 30" Cobia and 3 Blacktip Sharks. On Land by 6pm. Good Grief. Total Catch for the Afternoon: 2 Cobia up to 24 lbs and 3 Blacktip Sharks up to 15 lbs

No comments: