Saturday, May 11, 2013

May 11 Fishing for Red Drum and Speckled Trout


Running on No Sleep..... With bad weather on the horizon..... I headed north again this morning in pursuit of our two MOST IMPORTANT INSHORE FISHES, the Speckled Trout and the Red Drum. The weather was good, the tide was good, and fishing had been good recently and very consistent. Unfortunately, I was running late for the Dawn's Early Light Bite. Limits for all and I was an hour late. I couldn't help that as I worked last night and got there as fast as I could.... So anyway, I waded extensively around The Mann's Harbor Bridge and in front of The Lone Cedar Restaurant for Red Drum and had No Luck. Crapola. Then I went back to the Little Causeway Bridge and I caught 2 Speckled Trout in 90 minutes of casting. Ouch. Those are "Rouser Numbers".... The most exciting thing that happened was a dude caught a 9-10 lb Black Drum. Pretty exciting (for him)..... Pretty boring (for me).... I'd been better off sleeping! Total Catch for the Day: 2 Speckled Trout up to 17"

No comments: