Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21 Cobia are Here





Bob and I ran west. First bucktail in the air snared a 30 lb Cobia.... Ten minutes later, we were surrounded by 40 Cobia that looked to be 25-40 lbs each. We only got one though. All sorts of little problems. Mainly super aggressive 3 lb Bluefish.... They devoured every twister tail in my cache.... Anyway after that it was run, run, run..... Some baitballs had Cobia, some did not. We ended up 20 miles east (Cape Lookout) of where we were west (Emerald Isle) and we found bigger Cobia and less crowded conditions..... We got an easy limit and released quite a few. Two NC Citations at 57 lbs and 45 lbs....... We saw lots of Cobia today. Probably around 75 total fish.... The biggest I saw ate a bucktail after I had snagged a shad. I passed the rod down to Bob and Bob bobbed and the hook pulled. I got mad and Bob threatened to kill me.... I stayed in the Tower for the next 2 hours and we didn't talk. Then we caught a 57 lb Cobia on the light rod, 10# mono spin and all was right with our world again.... Total Catch for the Day: 10 Cobia up to 57 lbs, 16 Bluefish from 2-3 lbs, 1 Blacktip Shark at 12 lbs, and 1 Sharpnose Shark at 8 lbs

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob i know the kill aspect

Capt. Marty said...

Maybe I'm letting the pressure get to me. To Bob, I'm really sorry.

Bob said...

Apology accepted. Awsome day, very sore today, thanks you

Capt. Marty said...

What in the HELL are you doing up at 230 am my man?

bob said...

Went home, ate cobia, lots of cobia, fell asleep, woke up and couldnt get back to sleep. evrytime i closed my eyes I saw cobia and more cobia. Great fishn, wish I could of went today but had to work. Happy bonita fishn to yall.

Bob said...

Was reading on waterman, you are one of the premier cobia charter slayers. Thats bullshit, you are THE PREMIER CHARTER SLAYERS. Check it out

Capt. Marty said...

I have my moments

Anonymous said...

Hey Capt,

Bob has a man crush on you