Wednesday, July 30, 2014

UPDATE and MUST READING and CAST NETTING

I have finished my post about what happened last Thursday... It's pretty good reading and it's a pretty amazing story..... So Scroll down to July 24th and re-read that report... It WILL NOT be a waste of 5 minutes, I promise!  And if I'm making this up, I fully expect one of my crew to bust me on this......

They won't because its true and y'all think about this next time you jump off a dock in Beaufort, NC

Get yourself eaten if you aint careful!

It is SHARK WEEK, right!!



One Cast with the Mullet Net and My Whole Life Changed

I scoff at the "I don't eat Bait fish" idiots!
Okay, I'm back at Hatteras. Hopefully, I will catch me a Pompano and a Sea Mullet this week during the day.... Hopefully, at night, I will catch or gig a nice Flounder or two..... In the meantime, it looks like I will have the opportunity to cast net me a bunch of Mullets.... On Night #1, I threw my net one time and caught 22 Jumping Mullets and thats what I had for lunch today.... For those of you that say, "Yuck, Mullets are bait fish. They are oily. They are muddy"...... All I got to say is..... HA HA HA, Ignorance is Bliss!!!!!

5 comments:

Mike said...

Slap some Bone-Suckin sauce on 'em?

We had broiled mullets at Sanitary last week.Good stuff.

Capt. Marty said...

Not this time ...... But that is the #1 Mullet sauce of all time! Actually used Texas Pete Extra Mild Wing Sauce.... Quickly becoming my #1 favorite. But these fishys had enough natural oil to shock OPEC..... Good enough to pick the belly meat!

Capt. Marty said...

Next time we're in Bft at the same time we WILL BBQ some Mullets and we WILL feast on Raw Yellowfin Tuna! August 9 and 10 sound good to you? See you then!

Jordan said...

Capt Marty how do you cook the roe from them? Just sautee?

Capt. Marty said...

Jordan,

Mullets won't have roe for quite a while. I'm not huge on eating Mullet Roe. I prefer Shad Roe, from either Hickory Shad or Menhaden 1ooo times better than Mullet Roe....Here's what know though..... Wash, dry, and salt the Mullet Roe. Some oldtimers set it on the windowseal, in the sun, for 3 days, then rinse the excess salt off... And eat it! Funny, I remember eating it like this once. Carlton Lewis shared a piece with me. It was Nov of 1991. We were watching ESPN. The breaking news was Magic Johnsons aids announcement. I was at Apt X, Johnson St Apartments, Greenville NC..... Magic Johnson, Aids, Mullet Roe...... Flashback! Anyway, I bake mine nowadays. Actually, I give them away...,, Why are ws talking about Mullet Roe anyway?