Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11 Remember? And I'm back at Hatteras

Sept 11, 2001. I was on the Cedar Island Ferry. Headed to Ocracoke that morning. Seven days later I got my SPOT Citation off the Kitty Hawk Pier.....

I am back at Hatteras so here is my prediction.... A very memorable inshore "run" of Sailfish is about to occur. King Mackerel fishermen are going to nail them. Hopefully it wont be in the next 7 days because I'll be stuck on the Ferry.... Please let it be next week when I'm home.... But, this cold weather is gonna jump them outta here!

For bookings right now, I'm wide open for next time I'm home.... OPEN on Sept 19 and 21. Then OPEN again on Sept 23 and 24. I will be fishing for Red Drum & King Mackerel primarily....

****I got Capt Tugwell down for King Mackerel Fishing on Sept 20th out of Bft Inlet****
****I got Dan G down for Red Drum Fishing on Sept 22nd out of Cedar Island****

This week at Hatteras I will be chasing Sheepsheads and Flounders. Hopefully I am on a winning streak. Capt Tuggy thinks so..... I'm not so sure.

To remind me..... 
Oct 6 Admiral Gerald
Oct 7 Admiral Gerald
Oct 8 Tom Cheseboro
Oct 20 Mike Francis

9 comments:

davin said...

Hey marty..been checking out yr site for the past two yrs..my brother and i are gonna charter you sometime this fall..was wondering what you were using to catch the flounder and other fish with in taylors creek .we usually use finger mullet but i know they are leaving soon..thinks for any feedback.cant wait to fish with you...thanks davin

Mike said...

When did Gerald become an Admiral?

adimral said...

Mike when i sucker bunched Fester

Capt. Marty said...

Davin,
Later in Sept, through Oct, and into Nov when the FINGER MULLET are running, they are the best bait, by far... This summer, up to last week, I have been casting a 5" white gulp jerk bait around pilings and other structure. good luck dude and look forward to fishing with you guys this fall hopefully. Oct and Nov can really produce some memorable days if the fish are biting and the weather cooperates.. I will always remember Halloween of 2006. On a charter, I caught a 2 man limit of Bluefish, king mackerel, grouper, flounder, slot red drum, amberjack, and released 7 albacore and 2 large red Drum.

Davin said...

thanks for the info Marty... we will contact you soon ... thanks Davin

Mike said...

Well deserved promotion Admiral Currin.

Anonymous said...

Is Jenny's number 867-5309?

Mike said...

Jenny, Jenny who can I turn too?

Capt. Marty said...

I got it. For a good time. I got her number off the wall.. 8675309