Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sept 18 Red Drum and Flounder


Back home again and just before the STORM of the MONTH hits.... At least this one ain't coming up from the Southeast and this one ain't got a name..... Yeah its been a boring hurricane season on the East Coast.... Late this morning I braved the wind and barely beat the rain and journeyed down to Taylor's Creek armed with a 5" White Jerk Bait on my trusty dock spinning combo. First cast I saw my "wind loop" pull tight and I wasn't pulling! Quickly I gathered the line up and found an 17" Red Drum on my hook. Great start to a week of fishing! The next 10 casts produced a 17" Flounder, a Gag Grouper, a Black Sea Bass, and 2 Lizardfish. Then came the rain. I ran. Seems like the next 12-24 hours are SHOT, but hopefully I'm wrong. Total Catch for the Day: 1 Red Drum, 1 Southern Flounder, 1 Gag Grouper, 1 Black Sea Bass and 2 Inshore Lizardfish

4 comments:

Tom Chesebro said...

Capt. Marty
How many guys can you take when we go out with you, and how much total $?
Thanks.
Tom

Capt. Marty said...

Tom

Honestly any number over 4 makes it very crowded and significantly affects where we can go and what we can do. I always say 1-2 is perfect. 3-4 is OK. 5 or more kinda sucks.... Price is 350 half day and 600 all day. Of course the weather is as big of a factor as the # people on the boat... This time of the year, with 1-4 anglers and good weather, I have NO EXCUSES for not producing a GREAT CATCH if you guys are flexible in what we're catching.. In other words, if you guys want to go King Mackerel fishing, will you be happy catching Albacore or Red Drum or Speckled Trout or Amberjack??? Something should be biting very well. We just need to figure it out. My problem is, if we go King Fishing and end up casting out of necessity.... I can bring a full array of King Mack tackle and still be able to hand everyone a spinning rod. My boat aint that big. If 1-2, no problem. I can be ready for anything. 3-4 and its a little tougher. 5 and more and its impossible.... Do you follow my reasoning??? I love to be able to go with the flow, but I don't like to seem UNPREPARED when in actuallity I'm trying too hard to cover too many bases.... Just let me know what you are thinking..

Marty

Tom Chesebro said...

No problem Marty, there will be 3, possibly 4 of us. As far as what we want to "go after", that depends on what kind of fish you are on that week, but we're not picky as long as it fights and it filets !!! We're after blood you know that!!!
We may very well do a full day with you this time....I enjoy it too much for it to end so quickly !!! My buddy Pete's #1 goal this trip is to catch a decent Red Drum. So that would be our only request.
We'll talk soon. Thanks Marty.
Tom C.

Anonymous said...

Wondеrful website. Plеnty of useful info hеге.
I'm sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks on your effort!

my website; garden center jobs