Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sept 8 Red Drum take a Beating





Once again. This time just Jennifer and I. I did manage one pic of her. She is making her debut slowly..... Also, thanks to Capt Columbus for loaning me the Santa Maria to use last night.... (Capt Ryan's record is still intact) Fishing was better than last night, with a few double headers and never 10 minutes without a bite! Tonight was about Capt Marty getting some big numbers and trying for to take a shot at the 6# IGFA record. So I loaded a reel with brand new Ande 6# test and went for it!  On the light tackle combo the best I could manage was a 45", 43 lb Red Drum! That fish was still 8 lbs shy of the Record Book. I always wanted to do it, but the fish are a "little small" this year. I could probably fish for a 2# record, but who cares? Sorry for being short, but the White Perch are calling.... Total Catch for the Night: 27 Red Drum from 33" to 48"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Legs. were they biting too