Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sept 1 Finally a Sheephead



Three summers ago brought me 19 NC Citation Sheepsheads between 8-12 lbs. All together, I caught nearly 50 Sheepsheads in the summer of 2009. All these fish were caught by "sneaking" a quick drop here and quickly pitching a Sea Urchin here and there..... This summer, there have been very few Sheepheads around the Hatteras Inlet Ferry Docks. I did get a rise out of a 12 lb Sheepshead 3 days ago. Today, on a blind drop, I saw my power pro twitch and when I reeled up the slack there was a fish on the line! Unfortunately it was not the one I was after. A respectable 6 lb Sheepshead however. Thank Goodness, my Sheep Slump is over. Total Catch for the Day: a 6 lb Sheepshead

6 comments:

Mike said...

Nice fish.

Anonymous said...

Bout time, Jick

Anonymous said...

What is the 3 Urchins? Which one is better?

Ski-Bo

Capt. Marty said...

Admiral Currin always did love those sheep.....

Not Ba aaaaaaa ad!

Anonymous said...

WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF THE NEW GIRL, DAMMIT

Anonymous said...

Obviously you could care less bout capt martys fishing reports duche.....