Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remember 9-11-2001

Here I am again, back at Hatteras.... Time sure flies by.... Seems like I just got home and here I am back at work again....  But get this, here it is September 11.... Remember Sept 11, 2001? Who could forget that day. The day the World changed. Twelve Years Ago.... DAMN. I remember 9/11 was a Tuesday, our first day back at work. We got off work on the following Tuesday, which was September 18th. On that day, I fished up at Kitty Hawk on the Kitty Hawk Pier. They were having a great run of Spot up there. Lots of Citation-sized Spot were being landed. I decided to roll the dice try to get me a NC Spot Citation. At that time, and still to this day, a Spot Citation is a tough one to get...... So Spot fishing I went! At daybreak the Spots started biting 2 at a time. The biggest ones I'd ever caught or seen for that matter! Great fishing, but I had been up all night. I was exhausted. By 10am I quit. I already had a great catch. I had several dozen Spot from 10 to 11+ inches. I had one that was slightly larger than the rest. All my hopes laid with that one Spot! On the way home I stopped at Whalebone Tackle and weighed my largest Spot. It was perfect, exactly 12" long and weighed exactly 16oz. Mission Accomplished. I got my NC Saltwater Fishing Citation for Spot.... When I got home, my Dad and I lit the grill and grilled up 8 big fat Spots. They were delicious. It was a bright Spot in a very scary time of our lives.....

As for the Fishing this week..... Hopefully a Pompano and a big Flounder will fall to the prey to the tricks and tactics of Capt Marty.....

Also, I'm hoping that my lovely bride, Jennifer, will come visit me and we will have a great time! Baby I promise you the Honeymoon Suite at Burris Motor Lodge and the greatest Sushi Platter known to Mankind from Dinky's...... Please Baby Please

Next week when I get home, I am OPEN and AVAILIBLE on:

Wednesday 18th
Thursday 19th Full Moon and Red Drum Fishing should be EPIC
Friday 20th
Sunday 22nd  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember our brothers that have given all to save some: These men died with honor, dignity, and respect and saved 1000's. We are running 110 flights of stairs at the stadium to honor them today.

Twell

Excerpts from the Last Homily of Father Mychal Judge FDNY Chaplain, at Mass for Firefighters: Sept. 10, 2001. He was the first recorded death of the Sept. 11th attack the following day.

"You do what God has called you to do. You get on that rig, you go out and do the job. No matter how big the call, no matter how small, you have no idea of what God is calling you to do, but God needs you. He needs me. He needs all of us. God needs us to keep supporting each other, to be kind to each other, to love each other…

We love this job, we all do. What a blessing it is! It’s a difficult, difficult job, but God calls you to do it, and indeed, He gives you a love for it so that a difficult job will be well done."

Have you forgotten?

RFB-EGH

Capt. Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Capt. Marty said...

T-Well is "the man"

King of all things COOL

Anonymous said...

United States Marine Corps

God's Travel Service to Allah

9-11

Don't Forget

fishingdudes said...

The beauty of fishing sports is the type of people you hang around with. We all love fishing sports recreation and in keeping with the theme I have heard so many good fishing jokes that I thought I would share some of these with you.

fishing tips