Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sept 1 Searching for More Flounders

Went gigging again and got a break from the Silverside Hordes. It was a beautiful night. Lots to see. Many small  Flounder and huge Jumping Mullet. The Mullets presented a problem since everywhere I walked, they were scattering ahead of me (and airing out). Trust me, 30 Jumping Mullet from 2-5 lbs can really muddy up 1-2 foot of water when they bolt! Regardless of my difficulties, I found 5 nice Flounder. I stepped on one when I looked up for a second (at airborne Mullets flying like Cruise Missiles)... Strike One.... I missed one when I tried to go a little deeper than my 330am capabilities. I must've gigged at the tail. Whatever, something went wrong..... Strike Two.... Before I struck out I then got on a 10 minute tear and gigged 3 nice Flounder in a row. The biggest was 19 ".  Anyhow, that's my report. No Rod N Reel fishing... I'm pretty tired. I used to fish all day/work all night. Can't do it anymore. Getting old? That sucks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you gigging on foot?

Anonymous said...

Have you gigged your foot?

Capt. Marty said...

Yes, I am gigging on foot.... I have a lightweight flounder light that is powered by AA batteries... Made by Giga-Light.... It is very easy and enjoyable. If you can find a decent spot where you can walk and still find quality Flounders, I recommend everybody go spend a couple hundred bucks on a light and gig..... You will not regret this purchase!