Friday, September 20, 2013

Sept 20 Scouting Trip


I've been off the water for a while. A week at Hatteras and now a few days off here at home. Tomorrow is a work day, so I went out and did a little scouting today and I really liked what I saw.... I'd say tomorrow is going to work out okay! I made a "big circle" out Beaufort Inlet, east off Shackleford Banks 3 miles offshore, back to the Beach, and then ran up the Shackleford Surf back to Beaufort Inlet..... As I made this "great circle" I saw Albacore that I didn't catch, I saw Spanish Mackerel that I caught..... In the Shackleford Surf, I saw Red Drum that I didn't catch, I saw Crevalle Jack that I caught.... All in all, I'd say the waters are very "fishy" right now. Tomorrow's conditions look good. I'd guess that we are going to have a good day.... Total Catch for the Day: 7 Spanish Mackerel up to 1 lb and 2 Crevalle Jack up to 4 lbs

No comments: