Friday, October 11, 2013

Oct 8-14 Hatteras Nightshift Fishing Tally



Rain..... Blow..... Rain..... Blow

Dirty Water..... High Tides......

As soon as it clears, watch out , it's October and the fish are supposed to be chewing! Surprisingly, I hear the Spots are actually biting! Its been a while. Bring on the Spots! We'll see......

Oct 11- Got the Fishing Week going last night. The weather was much nicer. Light winds, some drizzle, cloudy and cool. it felt like an October Night! I got that "Speckled Trout feeling". As a matter of fact, if I was home, I think I'd head over to Radio Island (hint hint, wink wink, clears my throat) and try to catch some nice early season Speckled Trout....  Back to Hatteras.... I was really unprepared last night. Didn't have my Flounder gear for fishing. Didn't have my waders for gigging and my batteries were dead anyway. Well damn. I threw the cast nets and caught 1 large Mullet and about a dozen Finger Mullets. On the live mullets, I caught 2 undersized Flounder and 2 Lizardfish. Like I said, I was NOT READY.... By the way, 10 years ago, on Oct 11, 2003, I caught my career largest Flounder. In Taylor's Creek, right on the Beaufort Waterfront I pulled up a 10 lb 11oz Flounder. Doormat. A 10-11 on 10-11. Can't forget that one! Never fished again..... Total Catch for the Period: 2 Southern Flounder, 2 Inshore Lizardfish, and 1 Oyster Toadfish

No comments: