Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hatteras, Rain, and Next Week


I'm back at Hatteras. I guess we've had close to 5" of rain yesterday, last night, and this morning... Last night reminded me of a Hurricane. Not sure what the forecast is, but as soon as I start fishing, I'll start a running tally of my catches..... Now for next week. I've had a couple of cancellations so I'm pretty much wide open. If the weather is good, I'd expect the best fishing of the year. King Mackerel should be absolutely chewing. While King Mackerel fishing in October, there are many, many other fish that may be encountered.... These fish include Cobias, Wahoos, Blackfin Tunas, Yellowfin Tunas, Bluefin Tunas, Sailfish, Crevalle Jacks, American Red Snappers, as well as the usual Amberjacks, Barracudas, Albacores, Sharks, and huge Spanish Mackerels, In other words, I can not stress enough that if its pretty outside, we need to be King Mackerel Fishing..... Unfortunately, Albacore Fishing is peaking. Red Drum are peaking. Flounder are making their last stand. Grouper are chewing. Spots are running. There is SO MUCH to do. Fishing will be great. I have too many OPEN DATES. I hate to go fishing all by myself!

I'm digging deep into my past with these 2 photos but both of these Fish were caught while King Mackerel Fishing

#1 96 lb Wahoo in 2001
#2 240 lb Bluefin Tuna in 1996

Call Me at 252-0241-8350

Oct 17, Oct 18, Oct 19, Oct 20, and Oct 21

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou2grLdWp-I

Capt. Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Capt. Marty said...

Turn that into a link you can click on and many people will watch the video. Copy and Paste is too much work for fishermen like me..