Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dec 1 Speckled Trout Bite Again




Wind and Rain made this a perfect morning to take care of some business. By this afternoon, the rain was over, the sun was shining, and the west wind made things easy at Radio Island. So instead of tackling my real chores, I made the trek to the Rock Jetty at the end of the Beach. Fishing was the same as yesterday for the first hour. Every cast. Any color grub. Fish after fish. When the tide turned and started to fall, the fishing became harder. Actually, I think the fish just moved to a slightly different location. I caught a few more at the very end of a "long cast". Some other guys fishing back up the beach seemed to be doing real well however. I finished up short of my goal of 100 Speckled Trout. No doubt due to my late start. There was a few Bluefish around today as well. Total Catch for the Day: 80 Speckled Trout up to 14" and 1 Bluefish

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jealous again.

Capt. Marty said...

Only one person has been using that word lately. If this is who I think it is, I'm about ready to sacrifice a day of fishing and just go ride around with you all day and watch you sell ad space..... If I got the wrong person, I'm sorry!

Anonymous said...

You could come watch me grade papers, and you'd be back to fishing in a heartbeat.