Monday, December 27, 2010

Dec 27 After the Blow

It's the day after a BIG Wind, Ice, Snow, and Rain event out here on the Outer Banks. I will be headed back to Beaufort tomorrow morning and the weather for next week is looking much better. We might even be fishing in air temps in the 60s by next weekend. Sounds incredible after yesterday's mess. Out here at Cape Hatteras it snowed alot but it was being tossed around by 40 knot winds. It was brutal cold on the Ferry last night. Things are looking up. Call me (252-241-8350) and lets go see what's out there. Striped Bass, Speckled Trout, Red Drum. Albacore, Bluefin Tuna, or Black Sea Bass.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

At first glance, that looked like a photo of snow-covered mountains. Either way, I get cold just looking at it.

Capt. Marty said...

Whats up Ryan. man it was the coldest Night Shift ever. The wind cut right thru you. A howling NW wind that had blown across miles and miles of ice before hitting the Outer Banks gave it quite a bite. Then last night my Heat quit working on the Ferry and the temp in the Lounge of the MV Baum went from 73 degress to 30 degrees in 8 minutes. Nothing like a steel hull sitting in cold water with a frigid wind hammering it. And I sat there reminiscing about the days in July when I was hollering "I can't wait for winter".