Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dec 9 Sea Mullets and Cold




It has been a cold time at Hatteras so far this week. Brutal wind was blowing earlier in the week. The past 24 hours gave me a break from the wind and I've made a couple of little fishing excursions. Yesterday, in perfect conditions except dirty water, I casted for Speckled Trout at the Frisco Pier. The water was too dirty though and that trip didn't last too long...... This afternoon, I grabbed some shrimp and went up to Buxton and managed to catch a nice little bag of Sea Mullets. I walked the Beach for quite a ways, casting as I went. Imagine my suprize when I actually got a bite! 30 minutes later, it was over and I had enough Sea Mullets to make a nice meal for 4 of us! Looks like warmer weather and some rain is headed this way, but I will probably be back up the Beach again tomorrow looking for another Sea Mullet bite. Total Catch for the Past 2 Days: 7 Southern Sea Mullet

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Capt. Marty you truly have a love for fishing! Most folks would be close to a hot stove and telling lies about the one that got away. Here you are out in the cold slaying him left and right! Good blog! Keep hope alive for us fair weather fisherman.

Mike said...

Yeah, what they said!

Mike said...

Cool pictures

Capt. Marty said...

You are welcome Anon, I'm glad I brightened somebodys day.

Mike, I cant wait to show you my new Droid. Today, as we crossed the Inlet today, my Captain, Sue, was listening to her husband on the VHF radio. Her husband owns the Gambler and was out commercial Bluefin Tuna Fishing. I was showing Capt Sue a fishing game on my phone, and I caught a 555lb Bluefin Tuna. She said, that's great, I can't wait to tell Steve what we caught off the Ferry, inside Hatteras Inlet!!!

Capt. Marty said...

The temp is dropping, the wind is blowing, and the wind is howling.....I wish somebody would brighten my day!

Fishing Charter said...

Not bad for a seven sea mullet catch for two days. The weather really affects fishing. Usually family does their fishing adventure during weekends or vacation. Sometimes they look for a Fishing Charter to have a nice and exciting fishing adventure.