Saturday, December 25, 2010

Dec 25 Christmas Day Red Drum Blitz




 I don't have a lot of Christmas Day Fishing Memorys. I do now.... Getting up early enough to take advantage of the incomimg tide, I fished a tiny "hole" in the Hatteras Inlet Surf and smoked the Red Drum this morning. The hole was full of Red Drum and Jumping Mullet. There were also a few Black Drum as well, but I didn't catch a Black Drum. Cast after cast would either result in a Red Drum strike or a snagged Red Drum or Jumping Mullet. The majority of these Drum were too short, but I did manage a 20" Red Drum and a 21" Red Drum. I also caught a 4 lb Jumping Mullet. Total Catch for the Day: 33 Red Drum up to 21" and 3 Jumping Mullet up to 4 lb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get em Boyyyyy-E

Capt. Marty said...

I didn't go into great detail about this bite, but it was UNBELIEVABLE. An 6-8 ft hole in the surf, right at your feet, that was full of Red Drum. Honestly, a 15 ft cast was perfect. The spot was small, maybe 100 ft long and 20 ft wide and 6-8 foot deep. Surrounded by dry sand on one side and 3 feet of boiling white water on 3 sides. 15 Guys and Gals all pitching grubs and gulps in and everybody hooked up.... For the entire incoming tide. Only problem was, the water was dirty and it was only 1 step from dry sand to over your head. A toss of a 12 ft cast net would've been very, very interesting. I bet 100+ Drum and Mullets, easy....