Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dec 21 Red Drum in the Hatteras Surf

I'm back at Hatteras for a week, including Christmas Day. However, there is one good thing. There are Red Drum in the surf. The difference between Cape Hatteras and Home is there is a chance that a Striped Bass might be mixed in with the more typical Speckled Trout/Red Drum mix. That is enough excitement to make me brave the cold. So this afternoon I rode the Beach before work and found some action. Here's what I found. In a narrow slough down by Hatteras Inlet there was a nice little Red Drum bite going on and only a couple of guys taking advantage of it! I caught the tail end of it. In 45 minutes of throwing a Gulp, I caught a couple of Red Drum and pulled the hooks on another one right at my feet. I saw a Drum in the 25" range, but the one's I released were in the 17"-20". Total Catch for the Day: 3 Red Drum  

No comments: