Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sea Mullet is THE BEST FRIED FISH Period. End of Discussion.



There are 3 species of Sea Mullet. Northern, Southern, and Gulf. They are members of the Drum family, as are Croaker, Spot, and Speckled Trout. They are probably one of the "least respected" members of that family. I'm not sure why. They wage a great battle for their size and that flat ass rock on the plate! I hardly ever catch them anymore. When I was a kid, fishing off the Morehead Ocean Pier,we caught them all the time. Today I was reminded again, they are the best fried fish. Period.

4 comments:

Ant Willis said...

AMEN Capt Marty,but I must say them jumpin mullets aint bad either

Capt. Marty said...

Hey Anthony...Great to hear from you. You know what, they are all good!!t had. Those Sea Mullets blew us away...It had been a while... See you at the JETTY I hope! If not, maybe I'll see you at the Chopper Bluefish spot! Hey, I may be going to the ECU-Maryland game.. Are you going?

Mike said...

Looks good.

Stella P said...

Looks delish Marty!