Monday, October 1, 2012

Oct 1 Every Cast Bluefish

I knew the Bluefish were biting. It was going to be so good, the on again-off again rain would not deter me. I decided that the only way I'd get my camera out would be if I caught a nice Spanish Mackerel or any other oddball species... Things like a Crevalle Jack, a Blue Runner, a Ladyfish, or an Albacore.... And all I caught was Bluefish. But, holy shit, the Bluefish were steady as a rock. 18 straight casts one time. Missed a cast. Then 14 straight casts. Lose one and another would grab your stingsilver. These Bluefish ran from 1-3 pounds. I saw some Sea Mullet, Croaker, and Spot caught from the Beach. A Pompano or two would've caused me to change gears. I also saw a couple of nice Blacktip Sharks in the surf. Honestly, I am suprized that a few Bluefish didn't get intercepted on the way in.... I got one more night on the Ferry. One more shot at a Giant Flounder! Then I'll be headed home. Fishing should be outstanding at Beaufort Inlet. Hearing about Speckled Trout already in addition to all the usual suspects.... Total Catch for the Day: 50 Bluefish from 1-3lbs

No comments: