Monday, October 1, 2012

Sept 30 Flounders, Eels, and Construction




The Low Tides at night really sucked. Then, because there was a complete lack of wind, the Jumping Mullets weren't moving. To make matters worse, the Gnats and Misquitos were chewing. Added together, the low water, lack of bait, and biting insects caused the fishing to suck big time. For those that don't know me....... Back in 2004, I had a Night Run in September and that week I caught a 10 lb 6 oz Flounder. I also caught 5 other Flounder over 6 pounds. All together, I caught between 7 and 18 Flounder over 20" per night for 7 straight nights. Repeat in Septembers of 2005 and 2006. Great Fishing with big numbers and multiple Citations. The only thing missing was the 10 pounders. The September 2007 Night Run Fishing was a flop because of some weird algae outbreak called "animal grass".... My 2008 Night Run in September resulted in decent numbers, and 2 Flounders over 8 lbs each. Then in 2009, 2010, and 2011, it all fell apart and each season was lost for different reasons. I hoped 2012 was going to be a Return to Glory and multiple Flounder Citations! Anyway, you get the picture. Unfortunately, this year the Fishing Sucked. And if the Low Tides and Lack of Bait wasn't enough, adding to my troubles was the fact that the Middle Ferry Ramp was being repaired. (That's where the actual Ferry needs to be sitting to allow for fishing in both directions) So, in other words, Flounder Fishing on Night Run in September of 2012 was a LET DOWN of TITANIC PORPORTIONS...... Regardless, every live bait that I cast out had my nerve endings aroused because this is "BIG FISH TERRITORY". My horrible week could've all changed with ONE BITE because the possibility of a Double Digit Flounder is always there. However, to end the drama, last night I caught 4 Flounder up to 19" and some other junk. One more night to go.... Looking for a last second miracle! Total Catch for the Night: 3 Southern Flounder up to 19". 1 Summer Flounder at 18", 1 Conger Eel at 40", 6 Black Sea Bass, 1 Spot and 3 Bluefish 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets fish on Friday buddy!

Twell

Capt. Marty said...

Come on then Tuggy. Can you really take a break from your TUGGY American Gigolo Tour?

Anonymous said...

Quick catching them eels. THey're weird-lookin'.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh call me with details on thursday brother!

Twell.

Vic said...

Love that you post all of your fishing, not just guided trips. Keep up the great work, Captain!